Scroll down for information about PWA (Presbyterian Women’s Association), read on for recent events.
Upcoming events to look forward to:
Presbytery Group Rally’s – see the event calendar for details for 2019.
Be Creative PWA Craft Camp: 8-10 November 2019 – more information click here to view the event details.
52nd and Final PWA Study Camp: 5 to 8 March 2018.
The final Study Camp was a wonderful time of study of God’s Word and fellowship with Christian women. Please read the report from the camp convener Betty Minter by clicking here.
The fun included a mini concert from the camp committee along with reminiscing with camp photos from over 30 camps.
Presbyterian Women’s Association
PWA Mission Statement
PWA are a state-wide network of Christian women supporting our Church’s Ministries, participating in the wider work of Christ through inter-church and community bodies.
The General Assembly has ultimate oversight over the PWA.
The PWA State Council comprises Representatives of all PWA Committees and other organisations with which the PWA is involved, Presbytery Group Representatives and other elective members (approximately 50 members).
Standing and Special Committees
- The Christian Education Committee organises TIMEOUT study days, Letterbox lessons,
Devotional material for use in Branches, and the “Be Creative” Craft Camp.
- The Home Mission and Church Extension Committee supports the work of the Ministry and Mission Committee through prayer, encouragement and monetary funds for Theological students, wives and families of graduating students, Home missionaries, Church planting, Cross cultural ministries and struggling churches.
- The Dorcas Committee is focused on social services. This includes helping, through prayer, hands on help and financial support, our Aged Care services and Allowah Hospital. They run, throughout the year, Park Patrol providing lunches and other items for homeless in the Sydney parks.
- The PWMU (Presbyterian Women’s Missionary Union) Committee supports the work
of Australian Presbyterian World Mission through prayer, encouragement and financial support for NSW Presbyterian Missionaries.
- The Market Committee organises the Annual Presbyterian Market which provides funds for a specific project within the NSW Presbyterian Church each year.
- The Heritage Committee collects, protects and restores items of Church historical interest for future generations. It promotes and supports the work of the Ferguson Library.
- The Camp Committee is a sub committee of the State Council and organises the Annual PWA Study Camp.
The PWA Branch is a group of women in the local Presbyterian Church who meet regularly for devotions, prayer, fellowship, mutual support and inspiration. They work in the congregation, under the authority of the Session, for the needs and interests of the local Church and for the wider enterprises of the Presbyterian Church PWA Branches are organised into Presbytery Groups which align with Church Presbyteries. Each Presbytery Group has an elected Presbytery Group Representative who is the liaison between the Branches and the State Council. She also organises the Presbytery Group Rally which is an opportunity for all Branches within the Presbytery Group to meet together.
LINK TO Women’s Ministry Committee
The PWA State Conference in July 2011 agreed to support the formation of the Women’s Ministry Task Force (which has subsequently transitioned in 2017 to the Women’s Ministry Committee) and to work with this Committee to promote a unified approach to Women’s Ministry in the Presbyterian Church in NSW.
To find out more about the PWA: