2020 “Luncheon” – we’re adapting to the season
We are sad that we cannot meet in person during Assembly this year for great Bible teaching and mutual encouragement.
However, we are excited to offer two new ways for ministry wives and women in leadership to stay in touch and be encouraged, inspired and refreshed.
“The Living Room” is an online ministry run by Anna Moss, our Women’s Ministry Facilitator, for women in ministry in NSW. This is a Zoom meeting which involves a speaker addressing relevant issues, with opportunity for questions. Each session will be presented twice, once in the daytime and once in the evening. We are opening up “The Living Room” to all ministers’ wives in NSW. Some women have already benefited from these evenings and so we are opening it up for a wider audience.
- Sylvia Siu spoke on “Engaging with People From an Honour Shame Culture” June 2020. Contact Anna Moss to access a recording, which will be uploaded to the resources section of the website soon.
- POSTPONED Karen McMillan will repeat her Living Room session on “Persevering in Life and Ministry” on Tuesday 28th July at 7:30pm to 9pm.
- Anna Yu is speaking on Monday August 31st at 7:30-9:00pm and Tuesday September 1, 12:30pm-2:00pm presenting on “Ministry across Cultures – rural, inter-generational and multicultural ministry within Australia”
- Karen McMillan speaking in October (date to be notified) on “Enjoying God”.
- Joanna Barlow is speaking on Tuesday Nov 24th at 12:30pm-2:00pm and also at 7:30pm-9:00pm that day, on “Self Care- is it Selfish?”
Have a Cuppa
Instead of taking our usual luncheon format online, we’ve decided to highlight the best part of our time together: the discussions, encouragements and struggles we share over a cuppa. We’ve asked women in ministry and ministry wives to share with us their responses to the current struggles. We hope they are a blessing to you. These responses have been recorded in a video format. You will find below a Video Blog (VLOG) for three days during assembly week then one or two a week for the next month. Please click the links below to find the VLOG’s on our resources pages or go directly to our PCNSW Women Facebook page or Ministry Wives Facebook group or Women in Ministry Facebook group to get them as they are published.
Click here to be directed to the VLOGS.
Carmelina Read helped us to explore Genesis 3 and to think about living like Adam and Eve before the fall, and the devastation that had on how we relate to each other. We looked at passages such as 1 Peter 3; 1 Corinthians 11:3, 11; 1 Timothy 2 and thought the challenges and ways to overcome them in order to live out serving together, in light of the restoration that Jesus brought about.
This years luncheon took place as usual on the Thursday of Assembly in July. Over 70 women enjoyed time together in bible teaching, fellowship, worship, prayer and sharing good food. Their children were cared for as well, enjoying bible teaching, craft and games. Read more about it in the October Pulse.
Read on for a brief report on the 2017 luncheon:
Thank you to all who came to the Ministry Wives event!
We were greatly blessed by Tara‘s reminder to gaze on Jesus; Valerie’s practical talk, Cherryn & Anna‘s openness, and all of your commitment to edify and encourage one another.
Special thanks to Jenni & Debbie for all their hard work organising, Janette for her beautiful piano playing, and our incredible childminding team.